DEEPASHRI DE-ADDICTION CENTER
ABOUT THE DE-ADDICTION CENTER
INTERGRATED REHABILITATION CENTER FOR DE ADDICTION (IRCA)
DEEPASHRI DE-ADDICTION CENTER (DDC) was established at Nagarbhavi, Malagala shifted to Nagadevanahalli, Bangalore on 12-08-21 under the CAD MS trust.
The center has private, semi-private and triple sharing rooms with TV, attached toilet, wardrobes, separate kitchen, dining hall, Yoga, Gym etc. Doctor, nursing and attendant care is provided to all the inmates. The residents can be relaxed with homely atmosphere. The advice, treatments and facilities offered are for the benefit of family members and friends of addicts.
The center for Alcohol and Drug De-addiction with Rehabilitation was founded by Dr. Sreedhara KC, Consultant Physician, Hospital Administrator, Specialist in Neuro Rehabilitation, Medico-legal and NABH with vast experience at NIMHANS Bangalore and trained with other highly experienced psychiatrists and international experts in drug and alcohol de-addiction.
ISSUE & FACTORS
Issues of drug addiction
- Loss of interest in sports and daily routine.
- Loss of appetite and body weight
- Unsteady gait, clumsy movements, tremors
- Reddening and puffiness of eyes, unclear vision
- Slurring of speech
- Fresh, numerous injection marks on body and blood stains on clothes
- Nausea, vomiting and body pain
- Drowsiness or sleeplessness, lethargy and passivity
- Acute anxiety, depression, profuse seating
- Changing mood, temper, tantrums
- Depersonalization and emotional detachment
- Impaired memory and concentration and
- Presence of needles syringes and strange packets at home.
Factors associated with high risk for drug abuse
- Living away from home
- Migration to cities
- Relaxed parental control
- Alienation from family
- Early exposure to drugs
- Leaving school early
- Broken homes, one parent families
- Large urban environments
- Areas where drugs are sold, traded or produced
- Certain occupations
- Areas with high rates of crime or vice
- Areas where there are drug using gangs
- Areas where delinquency is common
Benefits at De-Addiction Center
- Total abstinence imparting sobriety
- Boost the confidence
- Making the person socially acceptable
- Improved quality of life
De-Addiction Treatment Protocol
Residential 4-12-week program to meet an individual’s needs. Typically, the following steps are following for de-addiction process:
- Admission, detailed history and investigations – by resident doctors
- General physician consultation Dr. Sreedhara
- Psychiatrist consultation- Detox therapy – detoxification – 14 days programme – detox -facilitates to mitigate with withdrawal symptoms
- Behavioral disorders – Advise of medical line of treatment- drug therapy for distress- withdrawal is available for alcohol and drug addictions and
- Psychological Evaluation- by psychologists – inmates are initiated into the 12-steps working, sharing & reflections, and CBT to improve his/her:
8.Rational thinking abilities
Individual and family counseling- by counselors.
Facilities at De-Addiction Center
· Exercise and yoga therapy are conducted by expert instructors who have an in-depth understanding of fitness issues faced by addicts
·Regular excursions are conducted to places of interest. Off-site activities, sports, etc. are organized from time-to-time
·All meals are prepared in-house hygienically
·Our Weekly Auditorium Program is varied, interesting, exciting and conducive to speedup recovery of inmates
1.Legal approach: Legislation restricting or prohibiting advertisements
2.Educational approach- educational programmers for school children and public information campaigns on electronic media.
3.Community approach – involves a complex interaction of drug, man and his environment
4.Rehabilitation – The “Rehab Centre” is the next stage after completing detox and primary treatment. It is a natural progression and an opportunity to learn in the community discipline. It Facilities for vocational training and sometimes the provision of sheltered work opportunities are useful in rehabilitation and help to prevent relapse.